FireHydrant teams allow you to quickly assign the right group of people to an incident from Slack or the FireHydrant UI. You can use teams to:
- Automatically assign teams and roles to an incident based on your on-call schedules configured in your alerting provider.
- Automatically assign teams based on the impacted infrastructure.
- Automatically assign teams based on the type of incident.
- Organize and see which team owns a service in your application stack.
Creating a team
To create and manage teams:
- Click Incident Response > Teams in the left nav panel.
- Click New on the right side of the page. (Or click this link to navigate to the teams page in your account.)
- On the new page, enter the name of the team and (optionally) a description.
- Next, add the members of the team. These users must have FireHydrant user accounts in your organization to be added to the team. A default incident role will be assigned to each member when the team is assigned to an incident. For example, if you assign a user the "Ops Lead" role as their default when the team is assigned an incident, that user will automatically be assigned that role.
After creating and naming your team and assigning members, you can (optionally) add all of the services in your inventory that the team manages.
FireHydrant teams are not exclusive owners of services—we support having multiple teams that own the same service (or the same set of services).