The Zoom integration option lets you configure Runbooks to spin up a conference bridge for your team to use during incidents.
Setting up Zoom integration
FireHydrant uses the Zoom JWT (JSON Web Token) application type to create Zoom meetings for incident responders. If you haven't created a JWT application in your Zoom account, go to https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/auth/jwt to get started.
Developer privileges in Zoom are required. We also recommend utilizing a bot user for this integration.
- Log in to Zoom and go to the App Marketplace. Find the JWT app type.
- If you are creating a new Zoom application, provide the basic information as appropriate for your organization.
After you enter this information, Zoom provides application credentials to generate a JSON web token. This token has access to the Zoom API. FireHydrant generates a valid JSON web token to communicate with the API as needed.
Adding Zoom credentials in FireHydrant
Next, go to the integrations page of FireHydrant to enter the API key and API secret generated by the JWT app.
- API Key: This identifies your JSON web token application in Zoom.
- API Secret: This is used to generate a signed JSON web token when FireHydrant sends requests to Zoom to create meetings.
- Backup User Email: If the user who opened the incident on FireHydrant (or who executed the Runbook step that creates the meeting) does not exist on Zoom, you need to identify a different user who has Zoom credentials.
Adding a Zoom Runbook step
After you have set up the Zoom integration, you can add a Create Meeting step to any incident type Runbook in FireHydrant.
- In the left nav, click Runbooks. Locate the Available Steps section of the page.
- Scroll down to the Zoom step and Click Add.
- Specify the meeting topic and agenda (using template variables) and whether you want FireHydrant to record the meeting.
- To create a Zoom bridge for every time this Runbook is triggered, select the Execute Automatically checkbox in the Conditions & scheduling section for this step.
With these settings configured, your team will have access to an incident-specific Zoom meeting whenever this Runbook is executed.