FireHydrant's Slack integration enables you to fully interact with our entire incident response platform. This allows your engineers to stay in Slack while still leveraging all of the automation FireHydrant provides.
Here are just a few of the things you can do from Slack when you integrate it with FireHydrant:
- Create a new incident
- Add a note to an incident
- Set the incident impact
- Update an incident
- Assign a role
- Resolve an incident
Step 1: Connect your Slack workspace
To connect your Slack workspace:
- Go to FireHydrant's integrations page and click Connect Your Workspace.
- Follow the link to install the Slack app.
- Verify that the FireHydrant workspace is selected from the drop-down in the top right corner of the Slack installation page
- Follow the Slack prompts. That's it! Now you'll be able to run any of the commands that Slack uses.
After you set up the integration, we'll automatically link your Slack account to your FireHydrant account.
Step 2: Instruct other FireHydrant users to link their accounts
Additional users in your Slack workspace who want to use FireHydrant commands from Slack must also link their accounts by following these steps:
/firehydrant linkin Slack. Slack displays a link to the page in FireHydrant where Slack accounts can be integrated.
- Click Link My Slack User. The integrations page in FireHydrant opens.
- Click Link Account. The page that opens describes permissions that will be enabled in FireHydrant.
- Click Allow. This completes the integration!
Without linking a Slack account to FireHydrant account, user can only run the
Learn more about using FireHyrant and Slack together
Now that your Slack integration is set up, you can start controlling FireHydrant directly from within Slack. You can also configure Runbooks to notify or create specific Slack channels.
Learn more about using FireHydrant and Slack together in these articles: